Who qualifies for services?
- First, your legal need must fit within our guidelines. We can only help with Civil law matters – if you need help with a criminal matter, contact the public defender’s office.
- Second, your income cannot exceed 200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines, and you cannot have individual assets exceeding $5,000. With each additional household member, the assets level increased with $3,000. Click here for the Federal Guidelines.
- Third, you will need to verify your income. This can be done by submitting W2s for the past year, tax returns, or paystubs for your 2 most recent pay periods, bank statements or social security payment receipts.
What if you don’t qualify?
If you don’t qualify, we can refer you to a private attorney or, if you make between 200% – 250% of the Federal Poverty Level, you can contact Wyoming State Bar and apply for their Modest Means Program.
You can down load an application here and email it back to us. For us to process your application, you will need to:
- Fill out all sections – please remember to include a phone number and preferably an email address.
- Sign the application and the waiver!
- Don’t forget the income verification.