Who qualifies for services?
- First, your legal need must fit within our guidelines. We can only help with Civil law matters – if you need help with a criminal matter, contact the public defender’s office.
- Second, your income cannot exceed 200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines, and you cannot have individual assets exceeding $5,000.
Click here for the Federal Guidelines.
- Third, you will need to verify your income. This can be done by submitting W2s for the past year, tax returns, or paystubs for your 2 most recent pay periods, bank statements or social security payment receipts.
What if you don’t qualify?
If you don’t qualify, we can refer you to a private attorney or, if you make between 200% – 250% of the Federal Poverty Level, you can contact Wyoming State Bar and apply for their Modest Means Program.
For us to process your application, you will need to:
- Fill out all sections – please remember to include a phone number and preferably an email address.
- Provide supporting information on all sources of income listed.
- Sign the application and the waiver!
- Don’t forget the income verification.